1 – 10 Marijuana Facts
- There are over 483 compounds found in the marijuana Plant
- It is estimated that over 162 million people used marijuana Annually
- Marijuana is generally referring to the dried leaves and buds of the Female Plant
- Cannabis Indica
- THC can be measured through Blood,Urine,Hair,Oral Fluid or Sweat
- Marijuana is indigenous to Central and South Asia
- In the United States the first restrictions on the sale of Marijuana came in 1906
- The word Ganja came from Sanskrit (Ganjika) by ancient Hindus
- Marijuana was used as a Truth Serum by the OSS (intelligence agency) in World War II
- Sinsemelia is Spanish for “Without Seeds”
plants may have as much as 4-5 times the THC content as the Cannabis Sativa
11 – 20 Marijuana Facts
- THC content of marijuana in Dutch Coffee Shops can now no longer exceed 15%
- Bhang (Hindi) is an preparation of leaves and buds consumed as a beverage during religious festivals in India.
- Hemp Oil is obtained through the pressing of Hemp Seeds
- A Thai Stick is a form of marijuana from Thailand popular in the 60′s and 70′s
- Marijuana is one of the 50 fundamental herbs of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- There is no known recorded deaths from the use of Marijuana unlike Alcohol
- In te 3rd Century CE Hua Tuo was the first person to use Marijuana as a Anesthetic.
- In ancient India Marijuana was used for the relief of pain during childbirth.
- Ancient Scythians of the Middle East used Marijuana in Steam Baths
- Ancient Greeks Used Marijuana to Dress Wounds and Sores on Horses
21 – 30 Marijuana Facts
- Prior to 1937 there were over 280 manufacturers of Marijuana Medicine
- In Jamaica local fisherman would wash their eyes with Marijuana as they believed it would improve their eye-sight–How right they were.
- In Africa Marijuana was used for Snake Bites
- In 2008 California’s Medical Marijuana Industry took in 2billion dollars and generated $100million dollars in tax
- Cannabinoids have now been found to have antioxidant properties
- 2006 a United Kingdom government report, using cannabis is much less dangerous than tobacco, prescription drugs, and alcohol in social harms, physical harm, and addiction.
- Effects of Marijuana generally range from 30 minutes to 8 hours, depending on the potency of the dose, and method of ingestion.
- In Europe, Marijuana is typically mixed with tobacco
- Endogenous Cannabinoids have recently been discovered in foods such as chocolate and bovine milk.
- The Global Marijuana March also goes by the name of the Million Marijuana March (MMM). It began in 1999.
31 – 40 Marijuana Facts
- Dunedin,New Zealand is arguably chronologically the first city in the world to host any Global Marijuana March event.
- Prior to prohibition, U.S. politicians known for Growing Marijuana include some of the nation’s Founding Fathers and Presidents.
- First cultivated more than 5,000 years ago, Marijuana is one of the oldest agricultural commodities not grown for food.
- The psychoactive effects of Marijuana were first recorded by the Emperor of China Shennong in the 28th century BCE.
- Abraham Lincoln admitted in a letter written during his presidency that one of his “favorite things” was “sitting on his front porch Smoking a Pipe of sweet Hemp.
- In 2003, the United States government patented cannabinoids
- Despite popular belief Withdrawal symptoms from Marijuana use are generally mild, opposite the effects of use – loss of appetite, insomnia, feelings of uneasiness/anxiety, tension, stomach ache, headache and irritability all being common symptoms
- some studies indicate THC to have anticancer properties, with studies showing tumor reduction in mice
- It is said the plant Jimson Weed may have been confused with Marijuana the highly toxic weed which causes delirium,confusion and hallucinations and could have inspired the Reefer Madness legend
- Many school programs today teach that Marijuana users are at a much higher risk of getting lung cancer..Studies have concluded that there is no increased risk in developing lung cancers and some studies show improved resistance to some cancers.
41 – 50 Marijuana Facts
- An often repeated legend that today’s Marijuana is up to 30 times stronger than earlier years the actual increases have been far more modest
- Myth: It has been claimed the cigarette brand Lucky Strike is so named because every so often, a consumer of the product would have a “lucky strike”, finding a Marijuana spliff in a pack of cigarettes.
- THC is in its pure form, it is a glassy solid when cold, and becomes viscous and sticky if warmed.
- In ancient Germanic Paganism Marijuana was associated with the Norse love goddess,Freya.
- Rastafari see Marijuana as a sacramental and deeply beneficial plant that is the Tree of Life mentioned in the Bible.
- Evidence found in ancient burial sites indicate that humans have been experimenting with Marijuana spiritually and medicinally since at least the 3rd millennium BC.
- Cannabinoids are a class of diverse chemical compounds that activate cannabinoid receptors.
- In Europe, Sweden spends the second highest percentage of GDP, after the Netherlands, on drug control.
- The War on Drugs has resulted in the outlawing the entire Hemp industry in the United States.
- Kief is a powder, rich in trichomes which can be sifted from the leaves and flowers of cannabis plants.
Majority of Marijuana Facts have been sourced through Wikipedia 2012